In the post reorganisation of the State, the Hyderabad Tanneries and Utility Leather Goods Centre were apportioned to the State of Telangana on location basis as per the AP Reorganisation Act 2014. The remaining two units are to be revived by the LIDCAP in free the pollution free environment.
- Preparation of the Leather Policy of the Government.
- To provide training to the local leather artisans for skill upgradation and support them for establishing their own economic activities.
- Promotion of Manufacture of footwear and other leather products
- Provide marketing assistance to the local leather artisans
- Implementation of other schemes for the benefit of Scheduled Castes Leather Artisans
- Promotion of leather parks in the State for the benefit of the local leather artisans to set up their units
- Promotion of Krishnapatnam International Leather Complex Private Limited with Leather Tanneries, Processing of leather, Footwear, leather products and leather garment units
- To secure dignified life to all the poor and vulnerable in the state, particularly Drum Beaters (Dappu Kalakarulu, who beat drums at villages level functions)